Home / iOS / Frayed Apple iPhone 6 charger cable electrocutes Vietnamese teen

Frayed Apple iPhone 6 charger cable electrocutes Vietnamese teen

You might recall back in July 2013 when we told you about a 23-year old stewardess who was electrocuted when she answered a call on her Apple iPhone 5 while it was charging. That seemed to kick off a series of other incidents where iPhone or iPad users would report receiving a shock. In many cases, the problem was the use of a third party charger. Later that year, Apple announced that it would allow consumers to swap third party chargers for the official Apple version. This was to take place in certain countries including the U.S., China, and the U.K.

It has been some time since we passed along a story about an iPhone user who was electrocuted while charging his/her device. But this week, a 14-year old girl in Vietnam was electrocuted in her sleep by a frayed charging cable that was plugged into her Apple iPhone 6. Police theorize that Le Thi Xoan plugged her official Apple charger into her phone, and laid it on her bed as she did every night. A slight tear in the cord exposed some of the wiring, and when she rolled over onto the cord in her sleep, the teen was electrocuted. Her parents found her unconscious in bed and rushed her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

This might be a good time for you to check the condition of the charging cables on your phone, regardless of the manufacturer. And also check out the cables used by your entire family. If there are any cracks or openings in any cable that exposes the wiring inside, throw it out now before it is too late.

source: YahooUK

Source of news : Phonearena

Check Also

Samsung Galaxy A (2018) series rumored to launch in these three colors

The rumor mill is spinning hard yet again, this time powered by the gossipy winds …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *