The ultimate road warrior is here, and it’s brought to you by Tesla!
0-100kmph in 1.9 seconds
The fastest production car (by acceleration) on the planet has made an appearance and it’s groovy AF, very shagadelic!
Tesla has finally unveiled their modern roadster and it’s a slap on the faces of the fastest marque cars we’ve ever known. We would recommend it be driven with the top on lest the driver and passenger should find their hair being ripped off their heads!
The days of the reigning stallion Tesla Model S are now over, even though it’ll continue to be a favourite family car for many. But it’s safe to say the Model S will rest in the shadow of the sporty and delicious cherry red roadster. The Model S was capable of jumping from 0-100kmph in 2.28 seconds, thanks to the truly ludicrous ‘Ludicrous Update’, making it the fastest production electric vehicle in the world till a few hours ago.
Musk’s real competition is himself, literally, ergo the new roadster. Even the Flash would take longer to attain that kind of acceleration. Ok, perhaps not, but 1.9 seconds is lightning fast (Don’t quote us)! Know what’s the best part about this? Those that can shell out $200,000 or INR 1.30 crores to buy the base model, can make this ultra fast acceleration a part of their day to day lives. The question that naturally arises: would the higher end model go quicker?
Musk is such a tease since he didn’t shed any light on what the higher end models were capable of. Even if they came with a similar powertrain, we’re sure that another crazy software update could change the way we look at acceleration, in no time. For now, we can go ga-ga over a few things that are absolutely revolutionary about the new roadster:
1. 0-100kmph in 1.9 seconds (can’t stress on it enough).
2. A break through mileage of nearly 1000km on one charge– it’s more than two times what the Model S offers.
3. A top speed of over 400kmph. The Model S’s 250kmph is a joke in front of that! Also, how much above 400kmph has us licking our lips in sweet anticipation. The one car we would be pitting this roadster against, though, is the Hennessy Venom F5 that seems to be teasing with a top speed of 485kmph! It would be fun to watch them line up over a quarter mile!
0 to 100 km/h in 1.9 sec pic.twitter.com/xTOTDGuwQj
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 17, 2017
4. Three motors, two that power the rear and one powering the front wheels, making it a four-wheel drive. The Model S came with only one that was capable of producing 362hp. Could the Roadster be pumping thrice the power? Could it be over 1000hp? You’d have to wait till 2020 to find out because that’s when Tesla plans to make its first deliveries.
5. The design of the Roadster is striking, rounded in the right places and angular where it is required! That red bodywork, though!
We know most shy away from electric vehicles because they are exorbitantly priced and their mileage is limited, Musk has broken ground with the new specs and produced a mind bending hyper car and it costs the same as the cheapest Ferrari (Portofino). What would you choose, an electric roadster that takes you to places at crazy speeds or a classic because of its legacy? Take a look at this video and mull things over while we deal with the goosebumps!
Lead Image Credit: Tesla
Source of news : Mensxp