HD Voice uses wide-band audio technology and noise cancellation to improve call quality. In order to enable the feature, head over to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Networks and tap on the “Advanced Calling” toggle. Keep in mind that you also have to be located in an area that supports the service.
- Neural Networks API – allows apps to take advantage of hardware acceleration, which should reduce latency, network loads, and keep sensitive data on the device itself. If your phone features a dedicated AI chip, the API will be able to take advantage of it. If not, it will put the load on the CPU.
- Light navigation bar, prevents display burn-in.
- December security patch.
- Pixel Visual Core – Google’s first custom-designed co-processor (present on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL) for machine learning and image processing is now available to third-party developers. Apps that use the Android Camera API will be able to shoot in HDR+.
- Safer browsing – This feature allows apps to detect WebView attempts which could navigate to known bad URLs.
- Apps are now limited to one notification alert sound per second.
- Bluetooth battery indicator in Quick Settings – If you have a Bluetooth device connected to your phone, you’ll be able to see how much battery it has left straight from the Quick Settings shade.
- Improvements to autofill.
- Fingerprint scanner security improvement – users will be able to permanently lock out anyone who fails to unlock the device with an unregistered fingerprint multiple times.
- Colors menu added to Display tab in Settings for Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Three options available – Natural, Boosted, and Saturated.
- Fixed an issue with Nexus 5X not playing audio through the speaker.
- Fixed an issue with Pixel 2/2 XL audio distortion in video playback.
- Fixes for hamburger and beer emojis.
The update is available OTA, but it might need some time to reach all compatible devices. As always, make sure that your phone is sufficiently charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network before proceeding with the patch.
News credit : Phonearena