Recently there were News from India’s Silicon Valley Bengaluru having its lake polluted and Bursting in fire and thousands of dead fish floating on some of them. Well to a serious note Indian government has taken note of this incident and is coming up with the measures to revive the Dying lakes of the city.
Here’s a Videos Showing Yamlur Lake Catching Fire.
And here are some Key measures that have been announced:
- 24×7 online monitoring of all Sewage Treatment Plants as well as lake water quality by State Pollution Control Board
- Restoration of lakes in a bio-diverse manner in Public-Private Partnership mode, funds from corporate houses as part of corporate-social responsibility schemes to be used for conserving and developing lakes
- All residential group housing projects/apartments with more than 20 homes and a total build-up area of 2000 sq.mtr. to install sewage treatment plants
- Proper management of plastic waste to ensure that it is not dumped in the lakes
- Lake Wardens to be appointed for involvement of public in lake conservation